Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Seriously?! SERIOUSLY.

So "officially spring" here equals 30-degree temperatures. I totally called that it would be colder than usual, and I was right - coldest March in Britain since 1987. There are flowers coming up, though, and it's supposed to get somewhat warmer this weekend. Thank the sweet lord.

We had our first final today. I'm a bit worried - not that much bullshitting was necessary, and now I'm thinking that I didn't throw in enough analysis where it could have been used, but we shall see. Basically I just need to stop caring and it'll all work out, but that's a difficult proposition when I have another craptacular final on Friday and two next week (one of which will require actual preparation, thought and organization - ew).

I heard from Liz that we may have an apartment for next year. I hate to write about stuff like that because I'm always afraid of jinxing it, but it would just be so great if this all worked out. As I was telling Susan, that means I can have actual, real dinner parties. This is fascinating and somewhat frightening to me at the same time, but I'll be damned if I don't have at least several next year. Um, in between study sessions, of course. Because school is teh best.

But yeah - a big part of being here means that I'm more or less stuck in the dorm-style living situation, which also means that it's more or less the "boil water and pop something in the microwave" culinary school. I know I'm all busy and stuff with law school when I'm at home, but seriously? I keep thinking of better ways to make the risotto that I attempted before we went on our family vacation. That, my friends, is proof that I'm ready to actually attempt something involving time, effort, and a bit of brain power. Unlike several of my classes here.

I did manage to send in my summer registration sheets for MULS, along with the internship/clinical application. Hopefully I'll be all signed up for Law Governing Lawyers and Administrative Law - that is excitement, people. Add in an internship and some menial, coffee-pushing job and it's fun all! Summer! LONG! Woo.

Oooh, the BBC weatherman just said it'll be mild by weekend. If he's wrong, I'm going to kick someone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the weather is just like home...it is trying to make it easier for you.

Good luck with the job thing and the apartment...

Allison

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home