Sunday, February 26, 2006

Okay, you can all rest easy.

No more mopiness. In a much, much better mood (even though I have crappy class tomorrow). It's not like I was tragically running through the streets of London, listening to Morrissey or The Cure or something while wailing and gnashing my teeth (though that could be an interesting social experiment ...), but it's gotten much more fun to be here as of the last several days.

Friday was long. Holy crap. I got up too early, got some coffee, took a dumbass test, then finally got to hang out with people. We THEN got to go on a lovely death march around the Inns of Court, which wasn't really all that excruciating. I just enjoy complaining a lot. Afterwards, me and some of the girls went to go warm up and have hot cocoa, etc. After the three catholics (myself included) made clear that you don't spontaneously combust if you do not genuflect in church, we finally got to go to the London Eye. I was really glad we survived that - it is HIGH up there, and scary, no matter what people tell you.

Then was free dinner (FREE WINE) time. I need a sober sister to follow me at all times, because even though it's free, it doesn't mean I have to have as much as is humanly possible! Oof. That really made the evening entirely too much fun, though - I don't have idiotic pictures of myself and others, but everyone else seems to!

I managed to make it up to my friend Jeanyne's place last night to watch a movie with her and Liz. Since everyone's said I'd love it, I made them watch "Love Actually," which really made us geek out every time they showed a shot of London that included somewhere we'd been. We're idiots. But yes, after much drinking, tomfoolerly, junk food and girlie movies, the weekend ended on a higher note than I thought possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home