Monday, February 20, 2006

I don't think modern art is my thing.

[First off - godDAMN, Mo, you did NOT have to send all that! But thank you; you made my day. Especially after I broke a shoe this morning and was in no mood. :) Except now it's going to make me all fat, but it's not my fault since you're forcing me to enjoy it, heh.]

This might bug Thea a little, but I just. don't. get the modern art thing. I mean, there was a Rothko and some Soviet propaganda at the Tate Modern that I really liked, and some other stuff, but most of it? Man. I'm just inappropriately juvenile, I guess. At least we heard other people making fun of some of it, otherwise we could have been completely and entirely alone in our mockery. Out loud, though - my guess is that it's a 50-50 balance of those who come to appreciate the art and those of us who kind of want to understand it, but end up running around the giant display of white boxes like we're playing a spy game. So, in essence, it was fun!

Not much else going on - the hand seems to be healing nicely, so definite bonus there. I've been sitting around most of the weekend just organizing myself - if anyone wants to give me a summer job, feel free. I have to say, olympics on British tv are much nicer to all the competitors, but it's great when they're talking about someone falling like "that's JUST what we needed! Not that falling is a good thing, but it totally helps us! Cheers!" They are also obsessed with curling, and since the women's team isn't doing so hot, the tv commentators are all mildly pissy at the moment. It's also strange to be watching winter olympics when it's very much not cold out - suffice it to say I would enjoy a little bit of snow right now (a LITTLE. Not a lot).

1 Comments:

Blogger Swedish Chef said...

they're obsessed with curling because it's their only olympic sport. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home