Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I seriously am amazed every time I remember it's already March

I guess I'm easily entertained, but what else is new, really. There were about twenty stupid random little things that I wanted to write here, but I cannot remember a single one. I am quite acutely aware of the fact that it is ENTIRELY too cold here as of late - it was snowing for a bit yesterday and this afternoon, but it's totally not normal snow. Ohhhhhhh nooooooooo. First of all, it's always at least bright, or partially cloudy, or even sunny out. Today it was sunny with some random clouds carrying their evil guerilla snow. Second, it's like clumpy snow - I was looking at it yesterday and it was pretty much little balls of what us Wisconsinites know as normal, "pretty and not hazardous" flakes. Except in clumps. England weather is weird.

I officially got my Prague ticket, which means I'll have to yet again pull that delicate act of not going over my credit card limit. Really, I'm 24 - you'd think I'd have charged enough shit by now to qualify for the "irrational law student" credit, but I guess not. Which reminds me, I have to ask my parents for yet more grocery money, heh.

DON'T JUDGE. FOOD IS EXPENSIVE HERE.

Aaaaand, not much else. We had to do some dinky reports on aspects of the Canadian Constitution yesterday and today, which is not exactly mind-boggling, but did take some of the tedium out of our normal classes. Too bad tomorrow morning's class is the worst ever dumbhead EU law class that I just really need to end very quickly, like, yesterday. Jesus. That class is giving my Snood skills the most run for their money. At least I got my internship assignment, so that's definitely good! It's with a barrister, which means I have to dress nicely and act grown-up all the time, so this could be very interesting indeed. (And yes, there shall be wigs. Ohhh, the wigs.)

Oh - weirdness of the day included the locker rooms at the gym being switched (meaning that the former male one is now the female one). Compounding my confusion was the fact that I saw a male employee leave the now-female locker room as soon as I got there, and it just kind of snowballed into me staring at the sign on the door for probably a good thirty seconds or so. After the run, of course, I went to shower (as you do), and pretty much had a rage incident going on in my brain when the hot water failed to work for a few minutes. It was almost tantrum time, people.

In totally unrelated conclusion, if anyone randomly knows a store in central/west end London that sells reasonably-priced boots that don't completely suck ass, let me know!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Killa O'Shea said...

if you mean "boots" as in fashionable boots, i would highly recommend finding a primark. primark (traidng as penney's in the republic of ireland!) is kind of like a weird version of target, but with really cheap but good stuff. i'm telling you, five pairs of quality underwear for 4 euro still never fails to blow my mind.

ANYWAYS...the point is, i found a very quality pair of boots at primark (penneys, cause i was in ireland) in september and they were so beautiful and SO cheap and i wanted them but i said no alison, stop buying things you don't really need, and then i had a really big intense fight with myself in the middle of the really busy store, and yeah the moral of the story is: just buy stuff when you want it, or you will regret it for the REST OF YOUR LIFE.

so if you want cheap yet somewhat trendy boots, go to primark. the end.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home