Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Oh man. I ate a prawn (actually, three).

Yeah, I know. I've had this crazy craving for dumplings over the last few days, so I finally wandered down to Chinatown to find some. I went to this place where the minimum charge had to be $10 (well, pounds, but you get it), so I ordered the dumplings and wonton soup. Unbeknownst to dumb old me, the wontons are almost always prawn-filled here. So I blame the hunger, because after I bit into the first one and was like "oh. ewwwwww," I just pretty much chomped the other two wontons down as fast as I could because I was starving.

I am SO exciting.

In other news, I only have one final left, and it's one that I toooooooootally don't care about! Yay! The one today wasn't as frightening as I thought it was going to be initially, but that's probably due in part to the fact that I'd looked over the practice questions (she gave us earlier this semester) *right* before the final, and they were quite similar. Yeehaw.

Surprisingly (ha), I went shopping after the final. And the wontons of unfortunate filling. I have to say, I don't know what crack the designers are smoking this season, but I am so completely over all the damn ruffles and lazy, free-flowing fabrics that are used to make BUBBLE SKIRTS THAT ENHANCE THE ASS that I just can't get over it. I had to go to Gap and buy a nice, structured denim skirt so that I could keep my wits about me. It was some kind of awful, let me tell you.

So that's it until Friday - I'll be reading the little EU Law book and printing out notes in between rounds of laundry and attempts at packing, because we fly to Bratislava on Saturday morning! At 6:20. A.M. That'll be a delight and a half, whee!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bratislava is depressing...be prepared.

Allison

3:51 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

i really liked bratislava, all the manhole covers say "bratislava"! with the picture of a castle. it's cute. and btw- what do you have against prawns? they are yummy.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

I'm anti-seafood in general, so this was QUITE a step, believe you me.

Yeah, we're only there for a day before we move on to Budapest - I'm sure there'll be an air of communist-era past; you could kind of get a feel for that in Prague as well.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

while you're in budapest you should go to the terror museum, it's really cool. it's in the old HQ of the nazis and the secret police. www.houseofterror.hu

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Budapest find the black liquor that tastes weird. It is really really good. And pay for one of the pub crawls because they have the best drink specials.

Allison

4:46 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Aw, you guys know how to keep a girl drunk and wildly entertained! Thanks for the tips. :)

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home