Saturday, March 25, 2006

Help me help ... me, I guess

So the program officially ends on May 10. That's delightful in and of itself, but I'm not booked to fly back to Chicago until the 25th, and therein lies the problem: just where do I go during that intoxicating chunk of free time???

There are clearly WAY too many options - this is why I like people to make decisions for me. I could go to Scotland with my friend Liz and her other friend, but a) I've been there, and b) it'd be SO nice to go somewhere all hot and nice before going back to ... lovely Milwaukee. Scotland isn't so much with the hot weather, I'm thinking. However, I could do that and then hop down to Barcelona for a few days, since the Scotland trip won't take the entire time. Hmm...

OR, I could just go to Spain for that week, and then spend the last few days exploring London some more before coming home. See, I need my own personal travel agent who tells me where to go and what to do. This is just - gah. Originally I was thinking I could fly to Lisbon and then slowly work my way up to Barcelona, where I'd fly back to London in time to catch my flight home. However, we may be doing a long weekend in Lisbon, and not that I wouldn't want to return, but I'd be more eager to go somewhere I haven't been entirely.

This is much too complicated for my teeny little brain to wrap itself around right now. And yes, I'm aware that this entry is pretty much making me look like the most privileged bitch in the universe, but it won't be that way when I'm driving a Hyundai because I still owe my parents from this ONE TRIP and all you bitches have your lovely Mercedes, BMW, what have you. Heh.

So yes - ideas are welcome! Co-travellers are also welcome, if that's your thing!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go to scotland then barcelona then wind your way back to london. you got the eurorail pass use it

Allison

4:04 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Ah, I wish - it's only for the four countries I'm hitting starting April 1, and only for 9 days. That *would* be a good plan, though. :)

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to Greece...who says all the fun is in the western most parts of Europe? ;)
Derek

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home