Sunday, May 07, 2006

I guess when I said "Lazy Saturday," I really meant "Lazy Entire Weekend"

As you might guess, I haven't exactly been overexerting myself this weekend. The weekend, in fact, began with another early letting out from the internship, which was great, because it was gorgeous out. I walked over to Regents' Park and inhaled the flower smells (nature in general is great, especially in the middle of a city like London). I walked around for a good long time, managed to get a little bit of color, and read for a while as I simultaneously prayed that the guys kicking the soccer ball around wouldn't hit me. Aaand, they didn't, so that was nice.

Saturday was mostly lazy, again. The official trauma of the day was trying on the shirt I wore to my birthday and finding it a bit too tight for my taste. This could be (and totally probably is) due to a number of factors other than my being a big fatty fat fat, but I've informed several people already that my diet is to consist solely of fruits, veggies, broth-based soups and fat-free cottage cheese when I get back. Also Coke Zero, because it's bitchin'.

Last night a bunch of us went to Amber Bar to hang out as a group for one last time - my housemate Amber is heading home on Wednesday, and most of the rest of us will be seeing each other at our meeting Wednesday afternoon, so it was her last hurrah. It was a nice bar - spent far too much, again, but it was nice to hang out with a good portion of the group.

The bar, of course, led to my sleeping in WAY too late today. Fear not - I managed to make it to Oxford Street for yet more shopping. It's accessorizing season, yo! Yes, it resulted in too much stuff that I *might* not need, but that makes me happy, so I'm fine with having bought it. All of it. (I keep having to reassure myself, of course.)

So that's been it for the weekend - tomorrow is my return to the Lands Tribunal, where I'll no doubt hear another thrilling argument over easements or payment for land grabs; Tuesday and Wednesday have me going to the Olympic Inquiry way the hell out in Canary Wharf - no doubt more land use fun! It's times like this that I'm jealous of other peoples' internships, especially when Amber was talking to one of the witnesses in her case, who pulled a ski mask over his head (momentarily causing her to think that she'd be killed at the Crown Court, which would have totally sucked) and left the court shouting "They're not getting a picture of me THIS time!" Indeed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home