Monday, April 24, 2006

Yeah, stealing school internet again.

I'm such a badass. But I AM infuriated with our apartment managers, especially the mysterious IT guy who managed to aaaaaaaaaalmost complete the setup of a wireless network before coming down with some crazy illness that has caused him to miss three days of work. Including today, and probably tomorrow too. I HATE PEOPLE.

Ah yes. Anyway! The trip was good; beforehand I had been all prepared to write the mother of all trip recaps, but now I realize that it was just good to travel and soak it all in, and writing about it really couldn't do it justice. Spending a few days on my own made me realize several things, namely (a) that I liked traveling with who I had been traveling with, and it may have been stupid to go on my own, (b) that some people are incontrovertible dicks who are not worth the time or effort, and (c) that I really could handle Rome and all its lively inhabitants on my own, but I still, for the life of me, cannot go and have a sit-down dinner in a restaurant by myself. I have no idea why this last one is, but I guess it's not that big on the chain of life's worries.

So now it's just internship/laze around time until May 25. Scratch that; actually, it's only internship time until May 10. After that it's solely lazing around time, so that ought to be good for me before I get home and am forced to do about eight bazillion things at once. Yay summer classes. I'm hoping that Patrick will be able to hop over here (instead of Barcelona as we'd hoped - sucks, but I can go back there after I'm earning big bucks at a job (HA)), otherwise I'll be all by my lonesome until I fly to Chicago. Lucky for me, the boys at the internship are more than a bit distracting, so that should at least keep me somewhat entertained for the time being. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home