Thursday, January 12, 2006

Biiiiiiiiiig Plans

Alright people, comment the hell out of this post: I need to figure out the easiest/cheapest way to get to Germany (and no, probably not Berlin) from London on April 14. I'd LIKE to take the train, but it looks like it might be more expensive. However, my brother will be comatose from the flight over, so it's not like flying to save time would actually accomplish anything. (Rebekah, you better damn well comment!)

Also, where should I go?! You people have ideas, and if I get good suggestions, you can live vicariously through me and my photos! Yay! I have many little three-day weekends, so I'm looking for short-type trips. I've also got April 1-13 open, and am looking for big, wonderful, scintillating travel ideas. I'm pretty sure I'll be hitting up Spain and Portugal after the program ends (May 10), so if anyone is actually interested in taking a break after finals (or from work if you're lucky enough to be gainfully employed, ahem), let me know!

Also, Martha, that t-shirt you gave me for Christmas is the best t-shirt EVER. LOVE.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can get to the Manchester airport by train or bus, you can catch a flight on Hapag-Lloyd Express (hlx.com) to Cologne/Bonn for 30 quid (plus whatever taxes they add, which could make it quite a bit more). I flew with them from Berlin to Venice this summer. Also, be sure to check out www.skyscanner.net if you haven't already. Flying at least part of the way is generally cheaper than taking trains. I see on that site that germanwings flies from London Stanstead for 60-80 euros and easyJet leaves from London Gatwick for 97 euros. I hope this helps some.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I flew into Frankfurt and it was a great town. I say hit western Germany because I was at a castle where I got to do wine tasting and a lot of the little villages are nice and relaxing...and oddly devoid of tourists, which makes it great. :)
Or you could always go visit the Black Triangle down in South Germany and see what they mean by pollution. ;)
Derek

12:18 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

See, I think my parents are mostly subsidizing the Germany excursion. I'm mostly interested in traveling around eastern Europe for the beginning of April, and probably Spain/Portugal/Morocco/whatever after May 10. Any special preferences for places in Germany? (Besides the Rhine Valley and Berlin; I know and love those :) )

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home