Thursday, January 05, 2006

Made it!

Well, I'm here. It's been fun so far, but oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaan am I spending money. There are four of us staying at this house (which is basically dorm style, but with kitchens to share and much nicer overall). We've already gotten phones on the same network so that it's cheaper, mainly because we all have the nerdy vibe going. It's fantastic. We have plans to form a kind of "Janet Poole House" gang, complete with initiation rituals. This is pretty much like Germany, except better (and that is not intended to slight anyone I was there with; it means that I can understand the language and street signs and it's just lovely, really).

I had a "fun time at the airport" scenario when my luggage didn't make the Munich to London connection and I had to wait for 2+ hours at stupid smokey Heathrow and be followed around by creepy guy, who couldn't follow me into the ladies' room, could he! Damn. I did manage to make a delightful sprint from gate H02 to G46 at Munich in order to make that flight, though - very impressive, if I do say so myself.

Other than that, it's just kinda normal here, except eating out at every meal, sans any running. That's not a good combo, but I'll hopefully be spending MORE money tomorrow buying some running shoes. Finally. (That was boring, but I don't care! My blog!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Teri, gotten any English men yet with that hot body of yours? :)

I was just talking about you and your hot body the other day...especially with a nice picture of you to help with the imagery. ;)

You had better miss me and keep in touch over there, you goof.
DEREK

12:05 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Heh - no, but it's not like I'm trying. Mostly I'm nesting into my lovely little room and meeting all sorts of crazy people, crazy in a good way. I'd feel better if you were flashing my photo to pre-approved people, but I guess I can't complain toooooooo much. :)

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home